- Incentive Marketing Association (IMA)
- International Warehouse Logistics Association (IWLA)
- Ontario Trucking Association (OTA)
- Retail Advertising and Marketing Club of Canada (RAC)
- Toronto Board of Trade
- Toronto Crime Stoppers
- Transportation Health and Safety Association of Ontario (THSAO)
We have many real world stories to back this up. One in particular comes to mind.
The phone call came at midnight.A client, a large publisher, had time sensitive materials that needed to be on newsstands by 6 am. They had just learned that their printer's power was out. The presses were down. Materials were not being produced. On-time delivery seemed like an impossibility.
The first question our manager asked himself was this: what could Graphic Transportation do to help? It didn't matter to us that we would put in extra time when the problem was caused by the printer. Our attitude towards customer service is that finger pointing just wastes time. We were immediately on the job, doing whatever we could to help things work out.
We obviously could not restore power and get the printers running. What we could do, however, was to help coordinate the materials that had made it off the press and quickly reschedule to ensure maximum delivery.
Disregarding the late hour, our manager began to make phone calls. Did the newsstands really need 300 publications, or could we do smaller runs with the materials that made it off the press? Which newsstands were absolutely critical for our deliveries? If materials were really delayed, which newsstands would have to wait?
- 24-hour dispatch
- 24-hour secured facility
- Company-owned fleet
- Consolidation experts
- Professional customer service
- National distribution capability
- Full service carrier
- Specialty tailgate equipment
- Third-party logistics (3PL)
- Time sensitive handling and delivery
- Matix Transportation Software
- Radio Frequency Warehouse Management Software
- Meet and exceed the requirements of all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Promote ownership, responsibility, and accountability for environmental protection and management among all employees.
- Increase employee awareness of environmental issues through training and communication programs.
- Contribute to conservation of resources through minimization programs in energy, materials, and water consumption.
- Minimize environmental impact of operations through management programs aimed at minimizing waste generation, air emissions and effluent discharges.
- Continually improve environmental performance through setting and reviewing measurable performance objectives, and reporting results against these objectives.